|SALTS:||Mifepristone (200 mg)|
What is Mifeprin?
Mifeprin Kit Uses
- Pregnancy Termination
- Early Pregnancy Termination
- Cushing’S Syndrome
- Labor Induction In Fetus Mortus
- Immediate Post Coital Emergency Contraception
- Contraception With Intermittent Administration
- Progesterone Dependent Malignancies
- Gastric Ulcers
- Legal Abortion
- Cervical Ripening Before Surgical Pregnancy Termination
- Nsaid Associated Gastrointestinal Injury
- Blood Loss
Typical usage: Abortion, contraception, hypothyroid coma, induction of labour, menstruation disorders, muscle spasm of varied aeitology, routine management of the 3rd stage of labour, severe nausea and vomiting (prevention), softening and dilatation of cervix before mechanical cervical dilatation.
Side Effects: Heavy bleeding, lower abdominal pain
Drug Interaction: Mifepristone is known to interact with other drugs like aspirin, ergometrine (Maleate), gemeprost, tenoxicam. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Mechanism Of Action: The anti-progestational activity of mifepristone results from competitive interaction with progesterone at progesterone-receptor sites. The compound inhibits the activity of endogenous or exogenous progesterone. The termination of pregnancy results. Mifepristone blocks the binding of cortisol to its receptor. It does not decrease cortisol production but reduces the effects of excess cortisol, such as high blood sugar levels.
Mifeprin Kit Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
- Blocking the effects of progesterone.
- Preventing the ulcer formation.
Mifeprin Kit – Composition and Active Ingredients
- Mifepristone (200 Mg)
- Misoprostol (200 Mcg)
Mifeprin Kit – Side-effects
- Heavy Bleeding
- Infection Following Abortion
- Uterine Contractions Or Cramping In The Hours Following Intake